This place was really a place that felt like Guadi on steroids for anyone who has been to Barcelona. The best part was the ability to walk on most of the areas including the bits that were still being built and on some really high and narrow parts. Many parts would have seriously questioned the Health and Safety officers :).
The outcome of this trip was that we were sold on the three day trip from Dalat to Nha Trang, and managed to cancel our already booked bus tickets to Danang so we can do this three day trip.
The trip was for three days and two nights. Started of on 6/2/14 with two mobikes, and the two of us and our bags.
|All set for the three day trip|
- Meeting this amazing woman in "chicken village" who had her little baby girl strapped to her back and could even say "good day mate" with the perfect aussie twang.
- Meeting this really old tribal matriarch who could not speak a word of english or vietnamese but wanted some smoko money. She was so alive...
- Even our own guide could not understand what vegetarian food was... He would order for us and could not understand that we would be happy with extra serve of the soup and side vegies rather than the morning glory :)
- The little kids and the high houses with the awesome steps
- The greatest way to recycle an old TV, what about an high tech alter guys?
- Meeting the local entrepreneurs from brewers to noodle maker and having tea and a chat (well sort off) with a few of them in their home that they happily throw open with a huge welcome
- Trying extremely strong rice wine and managing to refuse the snake wine (wine with snake marinating), that's considered to make men very strong.
- Sore bums and thighs, result of the many times you had to put your legs over and above the bags to take your seat
Great trip to meet truly local people and appreciate how the simple things in life makes these hill tribes so happy. Will highly recommend to any fellow traveller.